2016-17 EI Small Grant Program
The EI Small Grant Program supports faculty and instructional staff in their efforts to experiment with new technologies and new ways of learning.
In 2016-17, the program offered grants of up to $10,000 each and sought proposals that focused on implementing blended or online courses. The program funded 16 proposals from six schools and colleges at a total of more than $105,000. Read more about the grant recipients and their innovative efforts.
Overall, the program received 37 proposals that were submitted from 12 schools, colleges, institutes and programs. The total amount of funding requested reached nearly $300,000. Proposals were evaluated and recommended for approval by a review committee consisting of faculty and staff from various campus units. Proposals were selected based on their exemplification of the program’s main theme (blended and online learning), alignment with departmental priorities, demonstration of long-term sustainability and, most importantly, impact on student learning.
2016-17 Proposal Requirements
All proposals needed to:
- Address implementing and/or enhancing a new blended or online course
- Address how the effort(s) will transform student learning
- Align with departmental priorities and include a signature of endorsement from the department chair
- Clearly articulate how the effort(s) will be sustained once the funds have been expended
- Be submitted no later than Friday, October 28, 2016
Funding decisions were made by early December, followed by notifications to all applicants thereafter. All awardees are required to submit a project activities report by December 2017.